Pieterse.com (and the related trade name WhozNext) respects the privacy and operates in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pieterse.com has set out in this Privacy Statement how your personal data will be used and what your rights are.
Personal data that we process
The following personal data and special personal data may be processed by Pieterse.com:
- Name and address details,
- Student number,
- Other personal data required by law,
- Personal details of special data required to successfully execute the assignments,
- Other statutory personal data required pursuant to specific legislation (for example, the Dutch Higher Education and Research Act, tax legislation, the Dutch Compulsory Identification Act).
Purpose of data processing
Personal data may be processed for the purposes of the following activities:
- correct execution of the assignment,
- to implement and improve services,
- further information about current developments,
- to generate leads,
- statistical analysis,
- security and improvement of the website.
Your rights in relation to the processing of your personal data
As the owner of your personal data (the 'data subject'), you have the following rights under the GDPR:
- the right to access your personal data,
- the right to correct incorrect data,
- the right to be forgotten: such a request cannot be granted if Pieterse.com has an obligation to retain this data,
- the right to data portability.
Recipients of personal data
Pieterse.com may instruct other organisations to process personal data on its behalf. In this case, a processing agreement will be concluded which will contain provisions to protect your privacy rights.
Careful handling of personal data also includes Pieterse.com not retaining this data for longer than is necessary. Pieterse.com observes the relevant statutory obligations and, if the rules are not set down in law, will abide by the 'Universities of Applied Sciences Selection List' of the Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences.
Changes to this privacy statement
Pieterse.com may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
You can also submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority via its website.